We’re shipping two Pinot Noirs in the first allocation of 2016.
Members of the Cloudy Day Club – our wine club that receives our Pinot Noirs three times a year – can look forward to two different Pinots in this package.
We’re sending the Fleuvage – our anyday, medium-bodied PN that works wondrously with light pasta dishes, poached wild salmon or crumbled goat cheese on toast.
We’re also sending some RED SKY rosé because – SPRING! The 100% Pinot Noir, made in the saignée method, is our go-to casual wine all year. But it’s especially welcome during the warm months when it makes a great partner with lighter foods served at room temperature or cooler. It’s a picnic in a glass.
photo by Jennifer Schell
The wines will be shipped in a 2 to 1 ratio. If you’re a Straight Six member, for example, you’ll get four Fleuvage and two RED SKY. There’s still time to add to your order. Cloudy Day Club members should contact us to put more wine in your shipment.
Not a Cloudy Day Club member? Just head to our website to subscribe. It’s better than ever to be a member because we’ve just made shipping FREE.
There’s still time to join. There’s about 13 days left before cut-off on the day this was posted.
Just about every winery has a wine club. From a simple mailing list to a sophisticated e-commerce site, there’s no shortage of ways to become a club member of your favourite winery. Or three. But why do people join these clubs? Have you been considering joining?
There’s a ton of different offers out there for fans of #BCwine. You’ll have to determine how often you want wine delivered, how much you can afford, what kind of wines are offered by the clubs and are their any hidden fees or extras.
Here’s five reasons clubs are popular.
1) Exclusivity – A lot of people get annoyed when they discover a wine they really like and when they check in to it, the wine is sold out! You can avoid that problem by joining a club.
We make no secret about the fact that our Cloudy Day wine club is the easiest way to be guaranteed access to our diminutive 500 case annual production.
Our members get a chance to ensure our various Pinot Noir bottlings find their way to their homes. You can try to find us in the few restaurants and fine wine stores around BC that manage to grab a case or two. But that might prove to be hit and miss.
So, scarcity is probably the number one attraction to the Cloudy Day club. But there are a few more reasons that may appeal to your logic.
2) Special offers. Wineries like to make sure their best customers (the wine club) gets first crack at small lots, library releases, wines made expressively for the club, and occasionally co-promoted offers from other services and retailers. For example, when we released our 275 bottle Cumulus Nimbus Pinot Noir in the spring, Cloudy Day club members had an opportunity to purchase first.
3) Better prices – most of the clubs offer a percentage off retail prices and often there’s a deal to be had on shipping too. Some even offer free shipping at certain purchase thresholds.
4) Delivered to your door – make no mistake about it, people love have their wine delivered right to their door. So civilized!
5) Access to events (on-site and off) and the people behind the wine – when you’re interested in something like wine, finding out more about the products and the people is often very rewarding. From our perspective, we love having opportunities to connect with our fans and customers. That’s why wine clubs make sure their members get first opportunity to attend events at the winery or when they’re on the road. Wine tastes even better in the company of friends and like-minded strangers!
Do you have some other reasons? Are you already a member of a wine club or two? Let us know what you think.